Monday, January 24, 2011

My New Favorite Children's Book

The book fair is going on right now at our school and I spent 30 minutes today camped out on the floor, surrounded by books, in heaven!  I picked out a few for home, a few for friends, and a bunch for school.  The one that I read a half dozen times (through tears!) and bought 2 copies of is called Our Tree Named Steve by Alan Zweibel.  It is the story of a family who builds a home and saves a special tree in the process.  Over the years the tree becomes a part of their family.  The story is written in the form of a letter from a father to his children.  It is a sweet, heartfelt story that addresses loss and moving on.  I highly recommend this story for both young and experienced readers.  Definitely one to keep on the bedside table!

0 comments: